Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4th Weekend 2010

On this long weekend to celebrate Independence Day(july 4th), I took in some various venues. I started out with a nice cup of coffee and cinnimon roll at my favorite coffee house, Coffee Republic. Man I love their cinnimon rolls.


Coffee Republic decked out in Old Glory

Afterwards, I worked out then, headed off to see the festival in the near by town of Rancho Cordova where they were holding a "Star Spangled Weekend". The festival was a fair with many rides for the children and food court located behind a public school. It was already hot at about 95F. There were many family and people were setting up for the nights fireworks show.






















One interesting thing I did was try a "Fried Twinkee' which is a deep fried Hostess sponge cake. The guy at the food stand said I should try it with strawberry and whip creame. Why not load on the calories. It was great!!

















Fried Twinkie


I was tired from the sun and instead of going out to the traditional fireworks, decided to make it an early night.
Had a great Independence Day. Happy Birthday America.

No comments:

Post a Comment