Sunday, August 15, 2010

Headed to the Amador Flower Farm which is east of Folsom about 30 miles in the very small town of Plymouth in the Amador Valley. It was kind of hard to find as I had to travel on some roads I was not familiar with but finally got to the sign which showed me the way into the farm. The Flower Farm is 14 acres with four acres of award winning Demonstration Gardens designed to showcase daylilies. Hundreds of flowers and plants for sale and spread out in lovely grounds. I took a walk around the grounds there were many kinds of flowers and plants which were availble to purchase. The growing grounds are home to our "mother" plants which the farm use to send to their catalog customers.

  Afterwards I headed to some vineyards in the Amador Valley to taste their product. I was a little disappointed with the wines here but stopped by Serrafina on the way back, one of my favorite vineyards.I stopped by Deaver Vineyards and Villa Toscano which had nice Zinfandels and Syrahs but nothing outstanding to me. 

   I stopped by my favorite vineyard at Sera Fina Cellars at the west side of Amador Valley. I had some wine and the owner gave me a cigar he is considering selling at the vineyard. Had a good time catching up with them and had a great day exploring.


Photos can be seen in the public folder below.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=68636&id=1507778102&l=6075a141b0


A glass of wine, a cigar and a great view at Sera Fina Cellars.

No comments:

Post a Comment