Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Mother's Birthday Party

My mother celebrated her 60th birthday on Halloween Eve. My family arranged for a dinner party at the local Italian/Brick Pizza Brick Oven restaurant called Dees on Metropolitan Avenue in Forest Hills.
Most of our extended family was there from my mother's father, sister and cousins. It was good to see everyone together as it has been awhile for me to see them all.
There was about 18 of us at the very large table setting the restaurant arrange for us. The food was really delicious and plentiful. Everyone was taking lots of pictures for this one time event and catching up with each other lives. I had lasagna with a nice bolognese sauce.
My nephews handed my mother the present me and my brother picked out, a Wii with a Fit -Wii accessory. This was something she really liked and intends to use.
During the dessert, the nice service staff brought over my mother's rice pudding with a candle as we all song 'happy-birthday'. A very nice treat.
Can't believe my mother is 60 years olds as I always remember her being a young women even since I was a kid. I know there will be many more and hope to come home for more birthdays in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment