Thursday, May 27, 2010

Absinthe in Old Folsom

On Wedneday night I needed to get out of the house and headed down to historic Old Folsom for a drink and ended up in Scarlets on Sutter Steets. The owner of the bar happen to be there and not many others as I went in the late afternoon. Interesting place but not much decor.
Well I saw an Absinthe slow drip bottle and mentioned that I never had that drink before. He decided to buy make that drink.
This was interseting as the very nice bartender prepared the drink. He poured some Absinthe in a small glass, then placed an Absinthe spoon on top of the glass with a cube of sugar on top of that. He then open a spoot from the drip bottle where he had placed some ice water. The water slowly dripped onto the cube of sugar, dissolving it into the glass.
Seem to take forever to get done. Can't see most people waiting that long for a drink. Well it tasted much like an anise drink.
It was pretty tasty but I would not order it as the process of making the drink too awhile and really not worth it.
But now I can say I had Absinth.



























No comments:

Post a Comment