Sunday, May 16, 2010

Small tour of Vineyards in Amador Valley

On Saturday 15 May 10, I decided to take a quick tour of some of the vineyards near Folsom, CA in the region known as the Amador Valley. The drive was only 45 minutes to the first stop called Sera Fina Cellars. This place is only been open since Mar 10, but they are trying to set it up nicely. I was greeted first by a very excited Australian Sheep Dog who was jumping all over me and wanting the attention. Very cute. A large tasting room with many nice paintings of the valley, an outside patio with the view of the valley.The wines I tasted were alright, nothing spectacular but would buy a glass if offered. The wife's owner was pouring the wine and suggested a couple of other vineyards to go to in the area. I wish them luck as they seem to have a good thing going in terms of location and display.

Then I went down the road and stopped at Tanis Vineyards. The place is small and can easily pass by it. Not much parking. The tasting room is small but the owner, Andrew, was there pouring and explaining the different wines he produces. They had some good wines and bought a bottle of their TNT Dynamite red. Not sure what I'll do with it as I don't drink much any more, perhaps I'll just give it away.

I tried to find some others but got lost in the winding, narrow roads. Decided that was enough and headed home. Next weekend(22-23 May10), these two vineyards and a couple of others near by will have a bar-b-q, wine release party at their location. I think I'll head back out and take a look at what they have to offer.


The Sera Fina dog greeted me as I was coming out of my car

Inside Serra Fina
">
View from inside Sera Fina Vineyard Tasting Room

View from Serra Fina Vineyards Patio




Entrance to Tanis Vineyards Tasting room

No comments:

Post a Comment